Sunday, September 26, 2010

Kelsey in Concert

So yesterday we were able to go up into Santaquin canyon with our ward for a dutch oven dinner and talent show.   The trees were beautiful with the leaves all turning color and the temperature was perfect.  It really was a nice day to be up there.   Kelsey was asked to be a part of the show and share her talent on the guitar  I thought she did great, so why not share right?  After all, isn't that what this blogging business is about?  The first song she did is called Leather Bagpipes and the second is a song by Jason Mraz called "I'm Yours"  (one of my favorites).  I do have to apologize ahead of time for the shoddy camera job.  Not so good at the steady hand!  Anyway, enjoy!























The spot we were at  is called Camp Koholowo.  It is used as a young woman's camp during the summer so I have spent my share of time up there each summer!  I was excited to take my daughters up there since it is such a beautiful place.  After the talent show, I wanted to take them all on a short hike up to the overlook. This is an amazing site!  Pictures just don't do it justice.  Anyway, two years ago I took the young women up there and we posted a flag  as a reminder to them and to any who may see it that we were pledging to live virtuous lives.  We were excited to get up there and see that the flag was still there.  Tattered and worn and retied on by strangers it had survived its challenges and was still standing strong!  I'm sure there is a symbolic lesson in there somewhere. :)  I was glad that some of those young women and my own daughters were able to join us up there. 



5 comments:

  1. So, did you have to walk up there, or did you drive to withing a few feet? Good job Kelsey! I wish I could have been there to see you perform live and maybe have accompanied you on my tuba.

    Crampa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelsey, I'm so proud of you. That was a great job. You improve so much each time I hear you play and sing. You are so brave. Where did that come from? Rachel and Riley are certainly growing into some beautiful young women too! I actually think that Riley has grown!!! Thanks for sharing, Adrianne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We walked up there. It is a short hike but all up hill. The lady in lady in orange is now Sam's nursery leader and the whole hike up there Sam was yelling "hurry up sissa weeha" (sister wear). It was funny to hear the older one try to explain age to the younger one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it weird that this made me tear up? Kels is sooo talented. And it is so great that she would share it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to look three times. I thought Sammy was Ada. Weird.

    ReplyDelete